As of July 24, 2012 - protocols do open and close daily.
Please check with your physician for additional protocols and/or information.
1. S1007: A Phase III Randomized Clinical Trial of Standard Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy +/- Chemotherapy in Patients with 1-3 Positive Nodes Hormone Receptor Positive and Her2 Negative Breast Cancer with RS of 25 or Less
The purpose of this study is to find out if the Oncotype DX® Recurrence Score can help decide whether patients should receive chemotherapy or not. This study is being done in patients with lower Recurrence Scores (25 or less).
2. NSABP-B47: A Randomized Phase III Trial of Adjuvant Therapy Comparing Chemotherapy Alone to Chemo + Trastuzumab (Herceptin) in Women with Node Positive of High Risk Node Negative Her2 Low Invasive Breast Cancer
The main purpose of this study is to learn if adding a targeted therapy, trastuzumab (Herceptin®), to standard treatment with chemotherapy for early stage, HER2-low breast cancer, will prevent breast cancer from returning.
3. S0800: A Randomized Phase II Trial of Weekly Nab-Paclitaxel With or Without Bevacizumab, Either Preceded by or Followed by Q2 Week Doxorubicin and Cyclophosphamide Plus Pegfilgrastim as Neoadjuvant Therapy for Inflammatory and Locally Advanced Her2/Neu Negative Breast Cancer
The main purpose of this study is to compare two different treatments (or "regimens") for breast cancer prior to surgery to see if one works better against breast cancer than the other. One treatment includes the experimental drug combination of bevacizumab and nab-paclitaxel followed by doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, and pegfilgrastim. The other treatment includes the drug nab-paclitaxel, but without the bevacizumab, and is given either before or after the doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, and pegfilgrastim. The other purpose of this study is to compare the type and severity of the side effects of each of these two treatment regimens.
4. S0927: Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial of Omega-3-Fatty Acid for the Control of Aromatase Inhibitor-Induced Musculoskeletal Pain in Women with Early Stage Breast Cancer, Phase III
The purpose of this study is to compare the effects, good and/or bad, of the nutritional supplement omega-3-fatty acid against placebo (contains no active ingredient) on the joint pain and stiffness that is associated with taking aromatase inhibitors.
5. S1105: A Phase II Study of MK-2206 as Second Line Therapy for Advanced Gastric and Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer
The purpose of this study is to find out what effects, good and/or bad, MK-2206 has on you and your gastric or GE junction cancer. MK-2206 is an investigational drug that has not been approved by the FDA for use in this type of cancer.
For more information on these protocols or any other research, please contact your physician or our clinical research coordinator, Jessica Gerlach, CCRP at 845-333-1133