Head and Neck Cancer
What We Do
At Orange Regional, our team is dedicated to supporting you and your family before, during and after your treatment.
Our multidisciplinary team of Head and Neck Cancers Specialists treat patients with tumors of the:
- Oral cavity (lips, tongue, hard palate, floor of mouth and gums)
- Oropharynx (middle of throat behind mouth, including tongue base, tonsils, and soft palate)
- Larynx (voice box)
- Pharynx (part of the throat situated immediately below the mouth and nasal cavity)
- Nasal cavity
- Hypopharynx (lower throat)
- Paranasal sinuses
- Nasopharynx (uppermost part of the pharynx which is situated immediately below the mouth and nasal cavity)
- Salivary glands (Parotid, submandibular and minor salivary glands)
- Skin cancers of the head and neck
Our Head and Neck Cancer Program offer patients:
- The expertise of a multidisciplinary team made up of specialists in the fields of Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Clinical Nutrition, Oncology Nursing, Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Pathology, Infusion Therapy, Oral Surgery, Speech and Language Pathology and Oncology Psychiatrists, Social Workers and Chaplains
- Depth of experience in evaluating and treating patients with head and neck cancer
- A Multidisciplinary Cancer Case Review Committee (also referred to as Tumor Board) where cases of individual cancer patients are thoroughly reviewed by a multidisciplinary team of physicians, surgeons and other healthcare professionals
- Access to our established Clinical Trials Program providing patients at all stages of cancer (based on individual condition and diagnosis) with leading edge medical treatment and the highest level of care. Clinical trials afford some patients new treatment options that have already shown promise of being an improvement over the standard treatment.
- A Cancer Committee that provides oversight, leadership to plan, initiate, stimulate and assess Orange Regional’s cancer-related services, in accordance with the Commission on Cancer (CoC) requirements for cancer program accreditation
- Affiliation with Support for People with Oral and Head and Neck Cancer (SPOHNC), a self-help nonprofit organization involved in the development of programs of support
- An Orange Regional-SPOHNC sponsored Support Group for people with oral, head and neck cancer that allows patients to share experiences, concerns and fears
- Head and Neck Cancer Nurse Navigator providing one-on-one support to guide patients through cancer care treatment
- A strong affiliation with the American Cancer Society who help to provide complementary patient navigators and free rides to and from cancer treatments for those in need.
To read more about our Head and Neck Cancer Services and additional Oncology Services, please view our 2011 Oncology Annual Report.