What We Do
At Orange Regional, our team is dedicated to supporting you and your family before, during and after your treatment.
Our multidisciplinary team of lung cancer specialists treats patients with various types of lung malignancies including:
- Small cell carcinoma
- Non-small cell carcinomas (including squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma and large cell carcinoma)
- Less common types of cancer such as malignant mesothelioma and carcinoid tumors.
Our Lung Cancer Program offers patients:
- The expertise of a multidisciplinary team made up of specialists in the fields of Surgical Oncology, Pulmonology, Thoracic Surgery, Medical Oncology, Clinical Nutrition, Oncology Nursing, Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Pathology, Infusion Therapy, Oncology Psychiatrists, Respiratory Therapy, Social Workers and Chaplains.
- Multidisciplinary Cancer Case Review Committee (also referred to as Tumor Board) where cases of individual cancer patients are thoroughly reviewed by a multidisciplinary team of physicians, surgeons and other healthcare professionals. Each member of the team contributes expertise, experience and perspective to help determine the very best course of treatment for each case reviewed.
- Established Clinical Trials Program providing eligible patients with novel therapeutic approaches.
- Cancer Committee that provides leadership and oversight of Orange Regional’s cancer program to comply with national accrediting agencies.
- Lung Cancer Nurse Navigator providing one-on-one support to guide patients from time of diagnosis to survivorship.
To read more about our Comprehensive Cancer Services, please view our 2012 Oncology Annual Report.