Your Cancer Care Team
Depending on the stage and other characteristics of your lung cancer, the treatment may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy or a combination of these therapies. Your treatment team is comprised of a multidisciplinary group of cancer specialists with expertise in providing advanced care in the rapidly evolving area of lung cancer management. The team also incorporates specialty rehabilitative services to provide the finest in complete patient care.
Your team may include:
- Medical Oncologists who design the most appropriate treatment plan which may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and newer targeted therapies. Meet our Medical Oncologists.
- Thoracic Surgeons perform complex surgical procedures of the chest utilizing minimally invasive techniques when applicable. Meet our Thoracic Surgeons.
- Pulmonologists monitor and main optimum lung function through all phases of treatment. Meet our Pulmonologists.
- Radiation Oncologists offer customized techniques designed to deliver the most effective radiation dose to the cancer while preserving normal healthy tissue.
- Pathologists diagnose cancer from tissue samples and perform tumor analysis to guide and dictate therapy.
- Radiologists offer advanced state-of-the-art imaging and expertise to assist your cancer care team in treatment planning.
- Lung Cancer Nurse Navigator provides one-on-one support to guide you through your cancer journey from diagnosis to treatment and survivorship. Meet Orange Regional Medical Center’s Lung Cancer Nurse Navigator.
- Respiratory Therapists will help improve and maintain lung function.
- Oncology Nurses and Nurse Practitioners bring special cancer care expertise for patients with lung cancer.
- Oncology Psychiatrists, Social Workers and Chaplains provide family, spiritual, emotional and mental health support.