For heart problems, simple or serious, rehabilitation is often the key. The Cardiac Rehabilitation Center at our Horton Campus provides comprehensive services help you build a healthier heart.
In addition to supervised exercise sessions for people with coronary disease, our program includes education in relaxation techniques and risk factor reduction. You also benefit from the support of fellow participants who are working toward the common goal of a healthier lifestyle. A Cardiac Rehabilitation Team consists of a medical director, clinical director, critical care nurse, exercise physiologist and a registered dietician. The rehabilitation program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). While cardiac rehab programs are not required to be certified, Orange Regional is committed to providing surrounding communities with the highest quality care. Certification by the AACVPR ensures that Orange Regional's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program meets the highest standards of care for its patients.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Team can help you:
- Reduce the potential for, or effects of, heart disease through awareness and modification of risk factors
- Recognize heart disease signs and symptoms
- Know when to seek medical treatment
- Adopt a personalized exercise program that is effective, safe and appropriate for your health, age and physical ability
- Understand your cardiac medications
- Determine your ideal body weight and daily caloric requirements
- Lower your total cholesterol through good nutrition and physical activity
- Design a smoking cessation program that will work for you
- Listen to your body's responses to physical activities and stress
Inpatient & Outpatient Care
Patients who are admitted to Orange Regional Medical Center with heart disease or heart-related difficulties can consult with members of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Team. Patients begin their cardiac rehabilitation on an outpatient basis after they are discharged.
How to Enroll
Physicians and cardiologists may recommend enrollment for any patient who has experienced angina, heart attack, angioplasty or other heart surgeries and conditions.
A physician referral is required to receive cardiac rehabilitation. After your physician submits a referral package to the Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, our experienced team will contact you to schedule your individual, pre-program evaluation..
To find a physician, call the Orange Regional Health Connection at 1-888-321-ORMC (6762) or visit our Find a Physician section online.