707 East Main Street
Middletown, NY 10940
Monday: 10:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Are you at risk for Diabetes?
Diabetes Treatment And Support
Since 1995, the Stanley S. Dunkelman, M.D. Diabetes Treatment Center has been serving the people in our area with diabetes. The Center earned American Diabetes Association recognition in 1998 and has maintained their accreditation since that time.
The staff at the Diabetes Treatment Center is the most experienced in the area with over 45 years of combined experience in diabetes education. Our team consists of nationally-certified diabetes educators who hold degrees in nutrition and nursing and are certified in many new advanced technologies including insulin pumps and glucose sensors. Our pump certifications include: Animas (One Touch Ping), Medtronic, Insulet (Omni Pod) and CozMore.
Did You Know?
New Cases: 1.4 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes each year.
Prevalence: In 2012, 29.1 million Americans, or 9.3% of the population, had diabetes.
Undiagnosed: Approximately 1 in 3 individuals with diabetes does not know that they have it.
Pre-diabetes: 86 million Americans age 20+ had prediabetes, a term used to distinguish those at an increased risk for developing diabetes.
A Team Approach to Diabetes Treatment
Diabetes self-management education is an integral component of medical care. Working with your medical provider, the Center's team develops an individualized program that includes a broad range of treatment and education components:
- Diabetes self-management classes, including topics on exercise, medications, monitoring, sick day management, travel, health promotion, acute and chronic complications, cardiac nutrition and meal planning.
- Diabetes management during pregnancy
- Insulin management including insulin pump therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Blood glucose monitoring and continuous glucose monitoring
- Diabetes community education programs, including our "famous" Diabetes Day each November
- Support groups (Search our Diabetes Calendar for a support group schedule)
Get The Education, Skills, and Support You Need
The Orange Regional Dunkelman Diabetes Center is an excellent resource for people with diabetes at any stage.
You can benefit if you:
- Just found out you have diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Have had diabetes for some time and are having difficulty with blood sugar control
- Have developed complications related to diabetes
- Are interested in the latest technologies and treatments, including insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring
- Have developed diabetes during pregnancy
- Just want to be more informed about your health
The Stanley S. Dunkelman, M.D. Diabetes Treatment Center is specially staffed and equipped to give you the next best thing to a cure - control. We offer you the education, skills and support you need to take control of your life!
How to Enroll for Treatment
Simply call! We can be reached at 845-333-2711. If you don't already have a physician's referral, we will contact your healthcare provider for you. Diabetes education is covered in full or in part by most major health insurance policies. Please check with your carrier.
Learn More at a Free Seminar or Support Group
The mission of our Diabetes support groups are to offer support, encouragement and information to our diabetes patients and the community. Our Diabetes Support Groups offer specialized groups for patients of all ages - whether you are a parent of a child with diabetes, a recently diagnosed patient, or have been living with diabetes for years, all are welcome to attend. Join us to gain more knowledge and share experiences with other patients, as well as the opportunity to consult with our representatives who are on-hand to answer any questions you may have.
Upcoming Diabetes Seminars, Classes and Support Groups
Explore our upcoming diabetes classes and group meetings listed below in our online community calendar. To register or for more information, call 1-888-321-6762