Diabetes Treatment And Support
Are you at risk for Diabetes?
Click here to find out.
Orange Regional Dunkelman Diabetes Center
Orange Regional Medical Pavilion
75 Crystal Run Road
Middletown, NY 10941
|Diabetes Center Hours:
|| 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|| Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
|| 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Your Diabetes Resource Close To Home
Since 1995, the Stanley S. Dunkelman, M.D. Diabetes Treatment Center has been serving the people in our area with diabetes. The Center earned American Diabetes Association recognition in 1998 and has maintained their accreditation since that time.
The staff at the Diabetes Treatment Center is the most experienced in the area with over 45 years of combined experience in diabetes education.
Our team consists of nationally-certified diabetes educators who hold degrees in nutrition and nursing and are certified in many new advanced technologies including insulin pumps and glucose sensors. Our pump certifications include: Animas (One Touch Ping), Medtronic, Insulet (Omni Pod) and CozMore.
We're here to help you beat diabetes!
A Team Approach
Diabetes self-management education is an integral component of medical care. Working with your medical provider, the Center's team develops an individualized program that includes a broad range of treatment and education components:
- Diabetes self-management classes, including topics on exercise, medications, monitoring, sick day management, travel, health promotion, acute and chronic complications, cardiac nutrition and meal planning.
- Diabetes management during pregnancy
- Insulin management including insulin pump therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Blood glucose monitoring and continuous glucose monitoring
- Diabetes community education programs, including our "famous" Diabetes Day each November
- Support groups (Search for a support group and schedule)
- Adult Diabetes Support Group - this support group provides education and support to adults with diabetes
- Adult Insulin Pump Support Group - a support group that provides support and education for insulin pump users
- Women with Type 1 Diabetes Support Group - this group will offer support, encouragement and information to meet the special needs of women with Type 1 Diabetes
- Sweet Talk - a support group for families of children with diabetes
Our Team Can Help You
The Stanley S. Dunkelman, M.D. Diabetes Treatment Center is an excellent resource for people with diabetes at any stage. You can benefit if you:
- Just found out you have diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Have had diabetes for some time and are having difficulty with blood sugar control
- Have developed complications related to diabetes
- Are interested in the latest technologies and treatments, including insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring
- Have developed diabetes during pregnancy
- Just want to be more informed about your health
We're The Closest Thing to a Cure
Hopefully, there will soon be a cure for the disease that affects almost 24 million Americans.
The Stanley S. Dunkelman, M.D. Diabetes Treatment Center is specially staffed and equipped to give you the next best thing to a cure - control. We offer you the education, skills and support you need to take control of your life!
How to Enroll
Simply call! We can be reached at 845-695-5858. If you don't already have a physician's referral, we will contact your healthcare provider for you. Diabetes education is covered in full or in part by most major health insurance policies. Please check with your carrier.
For More Information
Please call us at 845-695-5858 with any questions you may have.
Did You Know?
- Nearly 24 million Americans, or 8% of the population, has diabetes and one in three does not know it
- If present trends continue, one in three Americans, and one in two minorities, born in 2000 will develop diabetes in their lifetime
- More than 57 million people in the United States age 21 and over have pre-diabetes, a term used to distinguish people who are at an increased risk for developing diabetes
- Diabetes can cause serious complications including kidney disease, amputations, blindness and nerve damage
- Heart disease is the leading cause of diabetes-related deaths
- Each day approximately 4,110 people are diagnosed with diabetes
Orange Regional offers several Diabetes Support Groups - find a Diabetes Support Group
The American Diabetes Association
The National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International