Within the Greater Hudson Valley Health System, we are committed to providing the safest and highest quality care to our community. At our facilities, teams of experts work together to ensure operational excellence by following the highest standards for quality care, from preventing infections and continuously improving surgical care to achieving high success rates for even the most complex procedures.
We measure performance against our own rigorous standards, as well as national benchmarks, to continually improve how we deliver patient care. In support of our mission, our definition of optimal quality amounts to excellent care to every patient, every time.
Recent Awards and Recognitions
National Research Corporation has recognized Orange Regional Medical Center with the 2013 National Research Corporation Path to Excellence Award for its commitment to improving the patient experience. Catskill Regional Medical Center's Grover M. Hermann Hospital was recently named one of the country's Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals for Quality.
Our progress in maintaining the highest standard of care is reflected in our accreditations, rankings and recognitions:
- Maintained full accreditation from The Joint Commission
- Designated as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence® (BSCOE) by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Awarded the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus award
- Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- Accredited in radiation oncology by the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO)
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Certified by the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers (NQMBC)
- Accreditation from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- Accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC); a program administered by the American College of Surgeons
- Recognized by the American Cancer Society as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer as an organization committed to cancer prevention and awareness
- Accredited by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) as a hyperbaric facility that demonstrates commitment to patient care and facility safety.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit received three-year accreditation in 2014 from the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
In 2011, Orange Regional Medical Center became the first new hospital in New York State in more than 20 years. The 600,000+ square-foot hospital is situated on 61 acres and features seven Centers of Excellence including:
- Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Bone and Joint Center
- Center for Sleep Medicine
- Peter Frommer, M.D. Heart Center
- Rowley Family Birthing Center –with a Level II NICU
- Spagnoli Family Cancer Center
- Behavioral Health Center
In addition, the state-of-the-art hospital also features:
- Electronic Health Records - EPIC
- Private patient rooms
- Indoor cardiac rehabilitation facility
- 12 surgical suites
- 3 cardiac catheterization labs
- 50 private and spacious Emergency Department treatment rooms
- Heated helipad
In Spring 2015 Greater Hudson Valley Health System (GHVHS) began construction on a new 153,000 square-foot outpatient medical office building and a 26,000 square-foot cancer center. Located at Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown, New York, the new medical office building will be a five-story, state-of-the-art facility. The first two floors will house all relocated outpatient diagnostic imaging services including 64 Slice CT, Wire Bore MRI, 3D Mammography, Digital X-ray, Ultrasound, EKG, Nuclear Medicine, PET/CT Scan and Fluoroscopy as well as four outpatient operating rooms, five procedure rooms, a primary care office, cardiac rehabilitation, a diabetes center, lab services, central registration, medical school space, pre-surgical testing, a retail pharmacy, a bistro and a community health resource center. Floors three to five will be occupied by physician offices affiliated with GHVHS's Medical Groups.