Social Media Policy
- If you are an ORMC employee you must adhere to the ORMC SOCIAL NETWORKING POLICY posted on the employee portal of the ORMC Website.
- You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any ORMC Social Media Site.
- You are prohibited from posting any content that is personal health information including patient images on any ORMC Social Media Site. You are also prohibited from using the ORMC Social Media Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary by non-ORMC physicians or to use the ORMC Social Media Site to make, recommend or increase referrals to physicians who are not employed by ORMC.
- As a guest posting content to any ORMC Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in ORMC’s discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non ORMC services or products), promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
- ORMC reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any ORMC Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. ORMC may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials in ORMC’s sole discretion. You understand and agree that ORMC may disclose your communications and activities with ORMC in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of ORMC rights. You agree that in the event that ORMC exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, ORMC will have no liability to you.
- By posting any content on any ORMC Social Media Site, you grant to ORMC the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any ORMC purpose.
- You shall defend, indemnify, and hold ORMC and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a ORMC Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
- YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. By its very nature, a website AND THE INTERNET cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. ORMC does not control the THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE Internet over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information OR OTHER CONTENT and, therefore, ORMC DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family. FURTHERMORE, ORMC DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE ORMC SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
- You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a ORMC Social Media Site on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ne York without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Orange County, New York.
- You may not provide any content to a ORMC Social Media Site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the ORMC Social Media Site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the ORMC Social Media Site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
- THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, ORMC suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.