Graduate Medical Education
| John J. Dermigny, DO
Director of Medical Education
An Orange Regional residency offers a state-of-the-art facility, enthusiastic faculty and an academic neighbor in Touro Medical College who has a campus within a few miles of the hospital. Dedicated to the principles of Osteopathic medicine, our partnership with Touro Medical College provides additional opportunities to offer a dynamic educational experience.
Equally important is Orange Regional’s commitment to healthcare in the Hudson Valley. As many regions of our area remain underserved, our educational programs will promote healthcare access and career opportunities in Orange and Sullivan counties. Additionally, the region offers a quality of life that spans world-class shopping, great entertainment and dining venues, beautiful outdoor attractions and historical sites. Whether you like the city night life or the quiet country evenings, the Hudson Valley has it all.
We remain devoted to the challenge of training great Osteopathic physicians and Orange Regional’s Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine Residency Programs may be the perfect match for you. I look forward to partnering with you in your educational journey.
Orange Regional Medical Center (ORMC), is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization located in Middletown, New York. Formed by the merger of Arden Hill Hospital and Horton Medical Center, Orange Regional consolidated its two campuses into a single-site, new, state-of-the-art facility on August 5, 2011. This is the first new hospital built in New York State in over 20 years and boasts seven floors of advanced technology and provides 353 patient rooms and employs over 2,400 healthcare professionals. More than 600 doctors have privileges at the hospital and treat thousands of area families, friends and neighbors. In addition to its main hospital campus, Orange Regional provides several outpatient locations. The largest outpatient facility, the Orange Regional Medical Pavilion in the Town of Wallkill, offers both outpatient surgical and diagnostic services and private physician offices.
Residency Training Programs
Residents will also experience many aspects of Family Medicine from newborns to geriatric patients. Our programs offers almost daily noon lectures with regular Grand Rounds and Journal Club. Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine will also be integrated throughout our programs. With the opening of Touro Medical College in Middletown, New York, a close and vibrant link to our new academic neighbor is ensured. Orange Regional Medical Center is approved by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) for a three year residency program in Family Medicine. Orange Regional has established a solid foundation for medical education in Osteopathic undergraduate education with its close affiliation with New York Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Education consortium (NYCOMEC) and its educational partner Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (TouroCOM).
At Orange Regional Medical Center, we offer a residency training programs in:
Recent Awards and Recognitions
Healthgrades ® has named Orange Regional among the top 5% in the nation for patient safety in 2013 along with Five Star recognitions in Interventional Coronary Procedures, Back Surgery, GYN Surgery and Treatment of Pulmonary Obstructive Disorder for 2014. Additionally, National Research Corporation honored Orange Regional with their 2013 Path to Excellence Award for improving the patient experience and US News & World Report has named us among the Best Regional Hospitals in the Hudson Valley and as high performing in Pulmonology.
The Highest Standards
Orange Regional Medical Center’s progress in maintaining the highest standard of care is reflected in our accreditations, rankings and recognitions:
- Maintained full accreditation from The Joint Commission
- Designated as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence® (BSCOE) by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Awarded the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus award
- Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- Accredited in radiation oncology by the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO)
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Certified by the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers (NQMBC)
- Accreditation from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- Accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC); a program administered by the American College of Surgeons
- Recognized by the American Cancer Society as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer as an organization committed to cancer prevention and awareness
In 2011, Orange Regional Medical Center became the first new hospital in New York State in more than 20 years. The 600,000+ square-foot hospital is situated on 61 acres and features seven Centers of Excellence including:
- Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Bone and Joint Center
- Center for Sleep Medicine
- Peter Frommer, M.D. Heart Center
- Rowley Family Birthing Center – with a Level II NICU
- Spagnoli Family Cancer Center
- Wound Healing Center
In addition, the state-of-the-art hospital also features:
- Electronic Health Records
- Private patient rooms
- Indoor cardiac rehabilitation facility
- 12 surgical suites
- 3 cardiac catheterization labs
- 50 private and spacious Emergency Department treatment rooms
- A separate Children’s Emergency Department
- Heated helipad
A Member Of The Greater Hudson Valley Health System
The Greater Hudson Valley Health System (GHVHS) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. It is currently the active parent company for two member hospitals – Orange Regional Medical Center and Catskill Regional Medical Center. The GHVHS is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, the GHVHS was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson Valley and Catskill regions. Services provided by 3,300 employed professionals and more than 850 medical staff members make the GHVHS one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area.
Orange Regional Medical Center offers a robust benefits package and provides a wide variety of options.
Benefit plan options may include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off programs
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Long-term illness bank
- Employee Assistance Program
Our comprehensive benefits package is a complement to our positive, rewarding and family-oriented work environment. We’d love to have you! Applications to Orange Regional Medical Center’s Residency Programs will only be accepted through ERAS, Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Electronic Residency Application Service.
John J. Dermigny, DO
Director of Medical Education
Dr. Dermigny graduated from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and is a member of the Horizon Family Medical Group.
Dulaya Santikul, DO
Program Director, Emergency Medicine
Dr. Santikul graduated from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine and is a member of the Schumacher Group.
Graduate Medicine Education Office
Jenny Vosganian-ClancyAdministrative Director, Medical Education