Orange Regional Medical Center's Nursing Department
From nursing practice, research, and measurement of outcomes, the nursing department at Orange Regional Medical Center strives to deliver excellence. From oncology to maternity, our nurses have the backing of nursing leadership and their coordination and collaboration across specialties, as well as our processes for measuring and improving the quality and delivery of care.
Along with our many other awards and distinctions, we were very proud to announce that Orange Regional Medical Center is recognized by the American Nursing Credentialing Center as a Magnet Hospital. This honor is the highest and most prestigious distinction a hospital can earn for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care. Only 6% of hospitals in the U.S. have received this outstanding designation.
“Magnet recognition provides our community with the ultimate benchmark to measure the quality of patient care,” said Vice President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer, Dr. Joanne Ritter-Teitel. “Achieving Magnet recognition reinforces the culture of excellence that is a cornerstone of how we serve our community. It’s also tangible evidence of our nurses’ commitment to providing the very best care to our patients, of which we are extremely proud.”
The Magnet Recognition Program® is seen by many as the ultimate “gold standard” credential for high-quality nursing.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Our Nursing Mission
We the nurses of ORMC lead the commitment to ensure optimal patient outcomes by practicing the art and science of nursing.
Our Nursing Vision
To be the leader of nursing excellence by providing exceptional patient care in a progressive, dynamic, and healing environment.
Our Nursing Philosophy
- Care delivery model that assists individuals and family in recovery, health, and independence through individualized care and patient/family involvement
- Our passion for nursing that will create an environment to promote wellness and community education (community focus)
- Protecting the health, safety, and rights of our patients and colleagues
- Supporting a culture of empowerment and accountability
- Delivering compassionate, culturally sensitive care
- Achieving excellent patient outcomes through continuous performance improvement using evidence-based practice
- Create an environment
- That nurtures and supports accomplishments, self-esteem, and professional education and growth
- That fosters
- respect and acceptance
- coaching, mentoring, and retaining professional nurses in our practice setting - ensuring our legacy
- passion for nursing and exhibit/convey that passion at all times - being our best at all times
- a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach to patient-centered care
- That embraces persons as a whole to mentor both professionalism and humanism in our practice