Orange Regional Medical Center hosted a free lung cancer education event to our community on November 1, 2017. The program featured presentations by: Dr. Cleveland Lewis, Medical Director of the Lung Cancer Program and Dr. Murali Krishna, Pulmonology & Critical Care Medicine for Orange Regional Medical Group.
The event featured free spirometry testing, which is a test to measure how much air you inhale and how quickly you exhale, as well as, information about:
- Smoking Cessation and COPD
- Electronic Cigarettes
- Lung Flute and Harmonica
- An in-depth look at the importance of Lung Screening and true stories of how it can save lives
Thank you to all that joined us for this educational event! All participants were very engaged and asked both doctors a lot of follow up questions – which we love to see.
The Benefits of Harmonica Use
All of our invited community members were given a harmonica gift for coming to the event. This sparked a lot of interest! If you are an individual with COPD or another chronic lung disease, Harmonicas for Health program can help you:
- Learn how to have better control of your breathing
- Exercise the muscles that help pull air in and push air out of the lungs
- Strengthen abdominal muscles for a more effective cough
- Reported benefits include: decreased shortness of breath, increased sputum mobilization and increased quality of life.
Dr. Murali Krishna Shares His Presentation
View slides and insights from Dr. Krishna’s powerpoint presentation from the event: