Did you know…..
- Motor vehicle crashes are leading cause of deaths for teens in the US
- In 2011 according to the CDC 2,650 teens were involved in motor vehicle crashes
- In 2014 Orange Regional had the trauma team respond to 112 patients involved in motor vehicle accidents
- In 2014 ORMC had 6 deaths, and 79 ICU admissions that were motor vehicle crashes where alcohol was involved
According to the CDC car seat use reduces the risk for death to infants
Booster seat use reduces the risk for serious injury by 45% for children aged 4–8 years when compared with seat belt use alone.
Motor Vehicle Safety
- Use Seatbelts
- Do Not Drink Then Drive
- Use Car Seats
- Do Not Text & Drive
- Observe Road Signs
- Pay Attention When Driving
- Be cautious when driving …
View videos on adult backseat seat belt usage.
Are you a seat belt safety expert? Take a quiz and find out!