Middletown, NY – Orange Regional Medical Center is proud to announce that Simone Stein, RN, Manager of The Bone and Joint Center, will be honored with the OutstandingOrthopaedic Nurse Practice Awardat the Opening Ceremony of the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses (NAON) 2014 Annual Congress in Las Vegas on May 17.
The Outstanding OrthopaedicNurse Practice Award recognizes a NAON member who has provided high quality health care to the orthopaedic patient and has made outstanding contributions over his/her career to the field of orthopaedic nursing.
The award selection task force evaluates candidates on several criteria, including:
- Consistently meets the physical, psychological, social, spiritual and educational needs of the orthopaedic patient and family.
- Uses innovative ideas in planning the care of the orthopaedic patient and uses various approaches to patient care problems.
- Stimulates nursing colleagues to improve patient care by contributing to an atmosphere that encourages new concepts and skills.
- Serves as a role model to nursing colleagues and other disciplines.
- Effectively and sensitively communicates with members of the health care team.
- Creates an atmosphere of mutual respect with patients and members of the health care team.
- Consistently maintains a high degree of clinical competence and current orthopaedic knowledge.
“I can’t think of anyone more deserving of this award. Simone’s dedication to the continual improvement of patient care is evidenced by her efforts in researching and implementing best practices, policy development, promoting education and awareness of the Orthopaedic nurse’s role in the delivery of care,” says Orange Regional’s Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Schiller.
As the winner of the 2014 Outstanding Orthopaedic Nurse Practice Award, Ms. Stein will also receive a complimentary registration to the 2014 Congress and a $1,000 educational grant.
About Orange Regional’s Bone and Joint Center
Affiliated with the prestigious NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, ranked as one of the nation’s best hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology, Orange Regional’s Bone and Joint Center offers leading expertise and experience in orthopedic care – from hips and knee replacement to a wide range of advanced therapies. The Center offers comprehensive rehabilitation and pain management services with the team, technology and experience you need. For more information on The Bone and Joint Center at Orange Regional Medical Center visit http://www.ormcspineortho.org.
Orange Regional Medical Center is a member of the Greater Hudson Valley Health System.