Orange Regional Medical Center will offer the community free oral, head and neck cancer screenings in conjunction with Oral, Head & Neck Cancer Awareness week (April 2-9). Appointments are available on:
- April 3, 2017
- April 4, 2017
- April 7, 2017
The oral, head and neck cancer screening helps to detect cancer that develops in the head and neck region, including the nasal cavity, sinuses, lips and mouth. Appointments are limited and will be made on a first come, first serve basis. Participants of the screening must be 18 years of age or over.
What are the Potential Warning Signs of Oral Cancers?
The signs and symptoms of oral cancers often go unnoticed. However, there are a few visible signs associated with these cancers that require immediate attention including:
- Red or white patches in the mouth that last more than two weeks
- Change in voice or hoarseness that lasts more than two weeks
- Sore throat that does not subside
- Pain or swelling in the mouth or neck that does not subside
- Lump in the neck
- Ear pain
- Difficulty speaking, swallowing or breathing
Pre-registration is required. To schedule an exam, please call The Orange Regional Health Connection at 1-888-321-ORMC (6762).