Bariatric Surgery Support Group
The support group is for both pre and post-op bariatric patients and is open to the general public. Presenters consist of plastic surgeons, certified fitness instructors, nutritionists etc. The 2018 Support Group schedule and topic will include:
- Enjoying Exercise and Staying Motivated - January 2nd/16th meeting
- Suitable Exercise Before and After Bariatric Surgery/Introduction to Weight Training/Yoga - October 2nd/16th meeting
- Eating Out After Bariatric Surgery - February 6th/20th meeting
- Food Shopping Before and After Bariatric Surgery/Long-term Healthy Eating - May 1st/15th meeting
- Staying on Target Reaching Your Protein Requirements After Bariatric Surgery - September 4th/18th meeting
- Eating Real Food at Holiday Time After Bariatric Surgery - November 6th/20th meeting
- Working through Eating Challenges & Carvings After Bariatric Surgery/ Preventing Weight Regain - December 4th/18th meeting
- Reconstructive Surgery/Fashion for a Changing New Body - March 6th/20th meeting
- Supporting Your Spouse/Partner, Bariatric Support Group Meet and Greet - April 3rd/17th meeting
- Positive Thinking and Body Image/Self-Esteem - June 5th/19th meeting
- Sabotaging Your Weight Loss/Dealing with Cravings - August 7th/21st meeting
- Vitamins and Minerals Before and After Bariatric Surgery - July 3rd/17th meeting
All support groups are facilitated by Orange Regional Bariatric Surgery Program Manager. There will be time during the support group to ask questions. Due to the size of the support group meeting, non-English speaking participants are asked to bring their own interpreters.
Registration is required, call 1-888-321-6762 or visit: https://www.ormc.org/rsvp.
The class will take place at Orange Regional Medical Center's Ground floor Conference room 1 or 3 or at a community based location (rotating quarterly). Please confirm location when you are registering.
Upcoming Bariatric Surgery Support Group Meetings
Class/Event Refund Policy: Should you need to cancel your class registration, please call us at 888-321-ORMC (888-321-6762) as soon as possible.
Inclement Weather Policy: The hospital reserves the right to waive part or all course fees if inclement weather patterns result in the cancellation of the course. The level of refund given to enrollees, if any, will be determined by the number of class hours attended by each enrollee.
Couples/Family Enrollment Policy: Certain courses are designed for couples or multiple family members to attend. The fee charged for these courses applies to both persons as a unit (unless otherwise expressed in the event description), and both persons are required to attend. Discount and refund policies apply to both persons as a unit.
Recommended Support Groups & Classes
You may also be interested in the following support groups, classes, and upcoming events related to bariatric surgery and weight-management:
Bariatric Surgery Pre-Op Class
Bariatric Surgery Seminar
The seminar focuses on providing the consumer with a general overview of the surgical weight loss program at Orange Regional. Attendees have the opportunity to learn criteria needed to meet surgery eligibility, receive a detailed review of surgical procedures, an explanation of complications that can be associated with surgery and much more.
At Orange Regional Medical Center, we strive for excellent patient care. Our biggest reward is to have satisfied patients share their experience with us. Share your story online or view other patient testimonials.