Head and Neck Cancer Treatment
The Head and Neck Cancers Program at Orange Regional Medical Center’s Spagnoli Family Cancer Center is dedicated to comprehensive and customized care for people with benign (non-cancerous) or malignant (cancerous) tumors in the head and neck.
Our Head and Neck Cancer Program is led by Sergey Koyfman, DO, Medical Director of Head & Neck Cancer Disease Management Team, our skilled, multidisciplinary team provides specialized care in early detection, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of various cancers in the head and neck region, namely:
- Oral cavity (lips, tongue, hard palate, floor of mouth and gums)
- Oropharynx (middle of throat behind mouth, including tongue base, tonsils, and soft palate)
- Larynx (voice box)
- Pharynx (part of the throat situated immediately below the mouth and nasal cavity)
- Nasal cavity
- Hypopharynx (lower throat)
- Paranasal sinuses
- Nasopharynx (uppermost part of the pharynx which is situated immediately below the mouth and nasal cavity)
- Salivary glands (Parotid, submandibular and minor salivary glands)
- Skin cancers of the head and neck
Depending on the stage and other characteristics of your head and neck cancer, your treatment may include:
Your treatment team is comprised of a multidisciplinary group of head and neck cancer specialists with expertise in providing advanced care in the rapidly evolving area of head and neck cancer management. Members of your care team meet regularly with you and your referring physician to ensure clear communication and the seamless coordination of care.
Our team approach ensures you receive the most advanced treatment.
About Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancers usually begin in the squamous cells that line the moist, mucosal surfaces inside the head and neck (for example, inside the mouth, the nose, and the throat). These squamous cell cancers are often referred to as squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck.
Head and Neck cancers account for approximately 3% to 5% of all cancers in the United States.
According to the American Cancer Society, Head and Neck cancers account for approximately 3% to 5% of all cancers in the United States. In 2012, an estimated 52,610 people (38,380 men and 14,230 women) will develop head and neck cancer and an estimated 11,500 deaths (8,320 men and 3,180 women) will occur.
Education and Support
From cancer support groups and screenings to our clinical trials program, we provide comprehensive cancer care. If you or a loved one has cancer, count on Orange Regional’s experienced physicians, compassionate staff and live-saving technologies to fight the battle, together with you.
Our Patient Navigators are specially-trained to help guide and support you and your family through your cancer care treatment and recovery.
We are an active participant in the Rapid Quality Reporting System (RQRS), a data collection and reporting system with near real-time information on cancer patients.
From living with cancer to living beyond it, at Orange Regional, we're proud and committed to offering survivorship services from support groups to rehabilitation.
We're committed to offering the best available survivorship services. This is why we have implemented our comprehensive Cancer Rehabilitation Program.
ORMC’s Oncology Nurse Navigator, Sara Sargente, Earns CURE® Magazine’s 2017 Extraordinary Healer® Award.
Relive the celebration with the highlights video from the June 5th awards ceremony! While Patrick Dempsey may be the actor, Orange Regional’s Sara Sargente was the STAR!
Cancer Support Groups & Classes
Explore our upcoming cancer support groups, healing yoga classes and events listed below in our online community calendar. To register or for more information, call 1-888-321-6762
MEET OUR TEAM
- Betty Koshy, Manager, Radiation Oncology
- Regina Toomey Bueno, Oncology Services
- Peter Bezdicek, Esophageal Cancer
- Eric Saint Clair, Neuro-Oncology
- Nader Okby, Tumor Site Development
- Nathaniel Margolis, Breast Center
- Sergey Koyfman, Head & Neck Tumor
- Thomas Eanelli, Radiation Oncology
- Adel Abadir, Interventional Radiology
- Jeffrey Stewart, Medical Director, Cancer Care Program
- Sara Sargente, Head & Neck Cancer Patient Navigator
- Eileen Schmidt, Palliative Care Patient Navigator
- Jayne O’Malley, Lung Cancer Nurse Navigator
- Michele Worden, Breast Cancer Patient Navigator
- Paramjeet Singh, Trauma
- Cleveland Lewis, Lung Cancer
- Hannah Brooks, Breast Specialist