Hospital Volunteer Opportunties
Become a part of the Orange Regional Family - Volunteer!
Orange Regional Medical Center offers a friendly environment and a broad range of opportunities to its volunteers. Our volunteers provide invaluable assistance to our patients, visitors and staff throughout our facilities. Orange Regional volunteers use their special talents to contribute to the well-being of our community.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
To learn more about adult volunteer opportunities at Orange Regional Medical Center and to be invited to one of our New Volunteer Information Sessions, please contact:
Coordinator, Volunteer Resources Department
High School Summer Program
At Orange Regional Medical Center we are very proud of the contributions of our high school volunteers. They add an extra dimension to the exceptional care we provide our hospital community and they have the opportunity for personal growth and development.
Applicants to our high school program must be:
- 15 years of age and older
- Able to commit to one four hour shift of volunteering each week, for a minimum commitment of 60 service hours
- Attendance is expected weekly. Please consider extracurricular activities, sports, jobs and other commitments you might have (summer jobs, babysitting, special academic programs, SAT prep courses, Driver’s ED, etc.) when deciding if this is the right time for you to commit to our program.
- We will open again for new applicants in September for our academic year program. We welcome you applying for this if your summer schedule is such that you aren’t able to make the commitment for this summer. Our web site will be updated toward the middle of August with program specifics.
We will begin accepting emails of interest for the summer program on Wednesday, May 9th. Information NOT WILL be accepted before that date.
Interested high school students need to send us the following information from their email account:
- Telephone number:
- Date of birth:
- School you attend:
- The year you are entering in the fall:
- Year of graduation:
- Please provide a brief paragraph explaining why you want to volunteer at Orange Regional Medical Center and what you hope to get from this experience.
- Please list any sports, jobs, academic programs and other time commitments (SAT course, Driver’s ED, community activities, babysitting, other volunteer commitments, etc.), you expect to have during the summer program.
- Please give us the dates of your vacation and any other commitments where you will be out of the area and needing to miss your assignment.
Openings are limited and we do close out quickly. If your applicant information is accepted, we will send you by email, an invite for you and one parent (mandatory) to attend one of two evening information sessions. Your attendance at one of these sessions along with a parent is mandatory to joining our program. We are not able to do individual interviews.
At the meeting, we will share with the student and the parent information about our program, the application process, our requirements and expectations and certainly answer any questions you might have. If after attending the meeting, you believe that you are able to make the commitment and would like to volunteer with us, we begin the application process.
Attendance at an Orientation Program is mandatory. This is for the applicant only. This has been scheduled for Thursday, June 21st from 8:45 – approximately 3:00PM.
Emails should be sent to Debbie Linken, Director, Volunteer Resource Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in our program.
College Summer Program
Our program is now CLOSED as we have reached our maximum capacity. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Orange Regional Medical Center.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Orange Regional Medical Center!